Program Overview (U8-U16)
All our programs follow a basic skiing/racing progression while keeping the emphasis on fun. Coaches utilize the USSA/VARA technical and tactical progression skiing program with a mixture of drills, exercises, free skiing and gate training to help our young racers improve and reach their goals.
All full-time Club programs Include:
• Approximately 18 weekends of on-snow training December-March
• Holiday and February vacation training
Training is every weekend beginning in early December with holiday camps held during Christmas and February breaks. Training sessions are 8:30am – 3:30pm every Saturday and Sunday at Jay Peak Resort. Our programs run until the end of March. U10-U16 athletes take part in approximately 5 Northern Council races per season. At the discretion of their coach, U8s will have the opportunity to participate at the the U10 events if desired.
Extra Ski Club Training Opportunities
JPSC also offers these additional training opportunities for U12-U16 athletes outside of our normal weekend program for an extra fee. The Fundamentals and GS Training Camps begin of Wednesday to create a vital 5 day progression for those attending.
• Sunday River Pre-Season Camp Late November
• Friday Afternoon Training (12:30-3:30) Begins in Early January
• Fundamentals 3 Day Training Camp Typically held second week in December
• GS Training 3 Day Training Camp Typically held at end of January
*For specific dates regarding our programs and camps, please see our registration form.